Spicy Hummus and the end of football!
Sunday was the AFC and NFC championship games, the winners of each game go to the Super Bowl. Instead of doing dinner just Matt and I, we went to watch the game with friends. Our dish to pass - spicy hummus. Here is the recipe and instructions for preparation. It was so yummy and we still have some leftover!
Ingredients (original recipe from Allrecipes.com, I changed a few things):
- 2 15 oz. cans garbanzo beans / chick peas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (I substituted safflower oil)
- 2 tablespoons tahini (I substituted peanut butter)
- 1/8 cup lemon juice (I used the fresh juice from one lemon)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- handful of jarred jalapeno slices
- 1 tablespoon juice from jar of jalapenos
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
Mix everything in a food processor and that's all! It is seriously so easy and so yummy! Serve with fresh pita, pita chips, or even better, with carrots!