Time for a Shelby update. There is never enough time to get out and get to work on her, but I managed to squeeze in one work day last week. My friend Reuben and I had an extremely productive day, on the only nice day before the rainy weekend.
Driver side wall is up! The hardwoord pine runs horizontal under the left window, and vertical above. This will give the iliusion that Shelby is bigger than she really is. At only 9 1/2 feet long, and 6 1/5 feet wide, she is quite tiny, and not very tall. If I wear heels, my hair grazes the ceiling. We started and got to this point in one day. Quite a feat!
Next step: finishing the far right, cutting a window ledge, and installing the plexiglass where the access panel currently sits. Plug the water pipe holes from the outside, and continue with the sconce wiring. The strip along the floor also needs to be finished, but we don't have a table saw at home, so we'll have to wait for a shop day, to use my friend's table saw, and cut it to the correct width.
This past weekend was very busy with my friend's bachelorette party I threw for her, and it just happened to rain all weekend as well. Worked out perfectly that I wouldn't even be able to work on Shelby in both weather and with all the plans. This week, after I finish some custom alterations on my work-line today and tomorrow, I'll be working on Shelby on every sunny day. More soon!